Friday 27 May 2022

This is my lock screen

Most people treat their lock screen like it's the main entrance to the Louvre.

It isn't.

Anyway, why post? Because I do have an image on there that I like, but for a different reason, and no not some overcoming adversity in life way (still working on that), it's this...



I like it. 

I like it because this race typifies all that I am about sim racing...

  • It's at Brands Hatch, an iconic track that's made it to just about every racing game of note
  • Group C - and a healthy collection of them, I love Group C
  • A field that's bourne of questing the Internet to get them
  • Assetto Corsa, a game I don't think can be beaten really
and last and by no means least...
  • A race that I can achieve in, win even, but for the life of me I can't manage.
Which sums up sim racing for me. I come back to this race regularly but it's a challenge every time, and the car/track combination means that a 10+ lap race is tough to master.

I've managed 5th so far, the highest placed Porsche, so there's that, but certainly there's more, and that's so very frustrating.

Every time I see my lock screen I see this and am inspired!

No comments: