Monday 7 February 2022

Adventures in replays continue

 I'm practicing sharing my replays.

The last one, in Assetto Corsa, didn't go too well insofar as it recorded it in HDR, or rather didn't - it recorded HDR not in HDR. Or something. The upshot was 90's filter...

So a couple of nights ago I decided to try the same method with AMS2 - and pleasantly surprised with the results I am.

I thought I was recording in 720p, but this replay seems to be upscaling or whatever to 4k, which is what I play at anyway, certainly watching this at 1080p is great. I recommend it...

Until around lap 5 which is when I start to make mistakes. In my defense I never meant this race to be aired, it was late, real drivers don't get asked if they want a cup of tea, or a dog's nose in their thigh going into a bend... perhaps they should. Mind you, then I think they'd need to have damage turned off too, as I do (it's about the race, not the pits).

And on pits, I have mandatory pits turned on. Why? Because it introduces an element of suspense and strategy into the game. I pitted early to gain track time (no overtaking), but also, had no idea of my final win until lap 9.

So, Adelaide (RIP such good racing there) in Porsche Cup cars. With a few errors...




No comments: